Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Generative Art

This week for my Digital Art class at The University of Toledo we used three different online applications to create our own unique artwork.

Scribbler: Scribbler was the first online website I used. I found scribbler very easy to use when drawling the original picture, but found it frustrating that you could not save the image along the way; actually you aren't able to save it at all. I was surprised the only way you could 'save' your final image was by taking a screenshot our your computer screen. That just takes more time; time that I do not really have with a newborn. Overall I liked scribbler because it was not to complex. I choose to create the image of a bunch of flowers and a cat. I choose to keep them both black scribbles because I thought it really helped the picture pop. I took me several different times to get a final result that I liked. Overall I am pleased with my final outcomes and enjoyed this very simple to use website.
 
Scribbler Too: The next online website I used it called Scribbler Too. It is an advanced version of of the scribbler website I wrote about above. I love how they added the 'save' feature to this website. It makes it very easy to save your image along the way. Also another great update to this Scribbler Too is that it offers the ability to upload a photo and draw/scribble over it. That feature is awesome and allowed me to create such awesome images. Another thing I like about Scribbler Too was the wider variety of brush tools. With more options of brush tools, it allows everyone to use and create a lot of different scribbled effects. I choose the use a picture of a butterfly and a flower for my first photo. I used various amounts of fuzziness and diameters to create a fuzzy effect over the butterfly only. I think that really makes the photo pop, rather than have scribbling the entire photo. The second photo I chose to recreate is my rocket ID photo of myself. I was unsure of how successful this would turn out, but I think overall it turned out great! You can really see the volume in this photo and it kind of actually looks like me.
 
Flame: Flame is the third online website we used for this weeks assignment. Flame is a lot different than the first two websites we used above. Flame is an online site where you basically drawl with fire. I found this site to be a lot of fun to play around with and it was definitely my favorite site of the three. I created two images that reflect all of the love I have for my son. The first picture is of a heart, representing the one of a kind love I have for my son. For this image I used various brush sizes and blue/green gradients. I also varied the amount of 'noise' in the strokes. The second picture is of my sons name, Mason. This image took me awhile to perfect, and this is my favorite of all of them that I did with his name. I used a smaller stoke to write his name and a bigger stroke to create the background. I again used blues and greens for this picture because I think they will be his favorite colors (but we'll see about that, lol). For the blue in the background I used a bigger stroke and added more 'noise' to the stroke. Overall, I love the results of these images. They are something special to me because they showcase how much I love my son.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to check out my artwork.





No comments:

Post a Comment